Thursday, January 31, 2013

"DRIVING ETIQUETTE PART1"


Wow it's been a long time since my last post! One of my resolutions is to start working on this blog! If you happen to drive on California freeways, I'm sure you'll agree, there's plenty to write! Lol! Unfortunately there is no class on driving etiquette so I've decided to tackle the topic here. Let's begin with a statement I think we can all agree on, "My destination is my priority. Other drivers destinations aren't" However, I do want us all to arrive safely! An added bonus would be arriving with less stress. Some basic driving manners, I believe, could help. So I've come up with a list of actions and behaviors we can all practice. Imagine if even 50% made a change, we all benefit in the positive. So in no particular order; 1)TURN SIGNALS: I have caught myself getting lazy at times re: signaling. When it's obvious that I'm turning right or left, often times, I don't bother using it. Trouble is, after a few turns like that, a bad habit starts. That's why I've resolved to signal regardless. I'd rather over signal than be a pain in the ass driver! Here's just one scenario, you're making a left onto a busy street, a car is approaching from that direction, you patiently wait for it to pass, last second the driver makes a left onto your street! Jackass! Also, I'm more inclined to allow a driver to cut in when they signal. Shows manners. Most of all, by using the turn signal, when other drivers know what you're planning, they're less likely to hit your vehicle. After all, I doubt there are any mind readers out there. So let's all plan to signal more. 2)PARKING LOT BLOCKERS: Listen up douchebags! If you're shopping during peak hours, don't add to the extra stress by blocking the parking row so you can get a few feet closer to the door! A little bit of walking won't hurt you. From what I've seen people who make this a habit could benefit from a little exercise. So remember, instead of showing yourself to be a selfish piece of crap adding stress to people around you, walk yourself to better health. We'll all benefit through reduced stress at the store, bonus exercise, less temptation of ripping someone's head off and shoving it up their backsides! 3)CIGARETTES AND TRASH: I'm a smoker I freely admit it. However, there is one thing absolutely no one would ever see me doing, that's throwing a lit finished cigarette out a window! NEVER! First of all, I remember well the wildfires of 2003 and 2007. Even before those events, it doesn't take a college degree to understand that a lit cigarette is dangerous and a potential fire starter. Improper disposal by throwing one out of a car IMO is criminal! If you smoke and make a habit of tossing your butts, think about this. You toss your butt out the window. The breeze of the freeway pulls it to the car behind you. It's blown into an open window, lands on a child or a baby and burns them. That's not okay! Or during the dry season, it lands on a dried patch of weeds and starts a fire. Do you know how quickly fires get out of control in this state? As for tossing trash out of your car. Litterbugs SUCK and they're pigs! There's a reason God made trash cans! There's no excuse for acting like pigs! There's no excuse for littering. EVER! All it does is create an ugly, dirty environment. Hold on to your trash for proper disposal. Let's teach our children to respect the world. It will be theirs one day. 4)LAST MINUTE CUT OVERS/OFFS: IMO while driving you plan ahead. The route, travel time,etc... One would think this would include entering and exiting the freeway. However, there always seems to be one. For one reason or another, this driver waits till the last possible second to jump across lanes of traffic to make the exit. Although, it's not nice, I admit I'll mess up this driver whenever I safely can. Usually this amounts to maintaining the same speed in the lane next to them until we pass the exit. I know 2 wrongs don't make a right. Sometimes I can't rise above my naughty side :) Well that's all for now. This will be continued in the near future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment